Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Letter to You

Dear Lord, Abba Father,

Blessings to you! Blessed be your holy name, the name above all names. All glory and honor are yours. Praise and thanksgiving I offer to you, for there is none like you.

You are my refuge, my father, my God, my protector, my provider, my shield, my comfort, my joy, my companion, my friend, my rock, my peace.

Thank you for being patient with me. Thank you for forgiving me my sins and healing me of my diseases. Thank you for providing me with all my needs according to your riches in Christ Jesus. Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for being my strength. Thank you for giving me wisdom.

Thank you for blessing me with a community, for giving me service in the Parish, for the opportunity to attend mass, receive You in holy communion, to listen to your words in the readings and to hear your messages from the the homily of the priest. Faith does come from hearing your words.

Am I not so blessed? You have given me the time, the courage and the grace to pray for others, unworthy as I am, to lift up their petitions to you, our God.

Am I not so fortunate to feel your presence every moment, seeing creation speaking to me words of Your love?

Am I not to jump for joy, knowing that I am indeed a child of the Almighty God, the creator of heaven and of earth?

What is man that God loves us so much? Am I not a sinner? Yes, but my God is bigger than any of my sin, bigger than my problems. Forgive me Lord when I displease you. Pardon me my sins. I am sorry for my sins. I now forgive those who sin against me for I myself is a sinner.

Speak Lord, your servant is listening. Is there something you want me to do? Please bless me and guide me. Give me ears to hear and eyes to see. I ask for wisdom for You give it generously to those who ask it of You.

From,
Me, your child

No comments:

Post a Comment