Sunday, July 18, 2010

Worry Wart? Me?

" Don't worry about me, I'm just a worrier". My younger sister, Zinnia (a cute little worry wart), sent me a message on FB, and that's what it says.

Well, who isn't troubled nowadays, huh? Just try running down in your mind the things you should have done yesterday or a week ago, the things to do today and tomorrow and next week. You can actually feel a weight somewhere. Opening your mail and seeing unread messages that surely meant requested action and responses make a vein in your forehead twitch.

I just look around the house, at the stacked dirty dishes or the piled laundry or I just stand in front of my cabinet and that of my sons', surely that will make my head start to spin, and these are not even the big problems, just the usual daily challenges.

Don't be overwhelmed. A big NO to being frozen to inaction. Just tackle the tasks one at a time. Break-up the challenges to bite-size actions and celebrate little victories. These are things I tell myself.

This help me survive each hour, hahah.

At times, I even get worried when I have nothing to worry about. Crazy me.

Cynomolgus monkeys at the Batu Caves of Malaysia

When we visited Mamu, she's doing better after being confined for low WBC count as an effect of her chemo therapy. Her CBC result is okay now. Super! I do know how to count my blessings. It definitely feels good and with that comes thanksgiving.

My son got a card for Mamu. Written on the card that he chose were very inspirational words . . .

You've definitely got it, the deep-down strength it takes to make it through tough times, rough times, and all the "why me?" times . . . just believe in YOU.

So why worry, try kneeling down . . . still talking to myself.

2 comments:

  1. I am also a worrier. So much so that I wrote a book on it to see if doing the research would help. Indeed, it does. But I'm a work-in-progress. You may want to check out my book; I still do. It's called THE WORRYWART'S PRAYER BOOK. I also have a blog (and I worry that I don't keep it current enough), called THE WORRYWART'S CORNER. Meantime, give all your worries to God. He's the only one Who can make any sense of them.

    Blessings
    allia zobel nolan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allia. Birds of the same feathers do flock together, huh? . .. worry warts who came to know the secret of casting all their cares upon Him for He cares for them. Thanks for the uplifting insights. Will check out both your book and your blog.

    ReplyDelete