Sunday, July 18, 2010

Do Not Worry

"The Lord is teaching us not to over-worry about so many things," the priest was saying at church today.

Well, who has "zero" worry or problem, right? Each of us has a burden to carry but how each of us carry the burden is where the difference lies.


Some sayings that I practice (but struggles at times too, okay . . .)

Do not feed your fears.
Bo Sanchez


I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time.
Charlie Brown (Charles Schulz)

The problem of life is to change worry into thinking and anxiety into creative action.
Harold Walker


More quotations on "worry, worry" . . .

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
Charles Kettering


I've seen many troubles in my time, only half of which ever came true.
Mark Twain

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
Benjamin Franklin

Troubles are a lot like people, they grow bigger if you nurse them.
Author Unknown


Bible verses ready for us to claim (inserted in my prayers) . . .

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and He will show you the right way.

Psalm 23:4
Even if I go through the deepest darkness, I will not be afraid Lord, for You are with me.

Psalm 55:22
Leave your troubles with the Lord, and He will defend you.

Psalm 121:1
I look at the mountains; where will my help come from? My help will come from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let you fall; your protector is always awake.

John 14:1
"Do not be worried and upset," Jesus told them. "Believe in God and believe also in Me."

Matthew 6:31
So do not start worrying: Where will my food come from? or my drink? or my clothes? Your Father in heaven knows that you need these things. Instead be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God and with what He requires of you, and He will provide you with all these other things. So do not worry about tomorrow, it will have enough worries of its own. There is no need to add to the troubles each day brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment