Thursday, August 20, 2009

Spiritual Coaching


Spiritual Coaching






"I am nothing; God is all. Father I love you.

Come Divine Will to think in my mind, to move in my motion."







Life is beautiful if we look with the eyes of God. I was no longer expecting to be a part of any spiritual group. I have been wanting it for years but have never really had the chance to find one. This time the group seem to be the one to find me. I happen to renew contact with an acquaintance, who started inviting me in a very light way, to attend a group meeting every Thursday. She was not even an attendee there herself for her group meets in another venue and in another day.

The day and place she mentioned seemed convenient for me so I went. I have this new slogan in life . . . just show up. So, I did one Thursday.

The group discussion revolves around the Divine Will, from the writings of the servant of God, Luisa Piccarreta. It is a Catholic group where they do have the parish priest to get advise from, if ever. The meeting is held in a home where about 10 of us, mostly women attend to listen and discuss the Divine Will and say a couple of prayers as well. It was not really prayer-heavy nor do we sing a lot of songs, just one inspiring song once. I have been a member for barely a month, but my views of things have really changed, for the better.

It is good to pray by yourself, silent moments in solitude. It is required of us to attend mass on Sundays where we pray as a community. But it is my belief that a support group holds you up to hang in there in our daily life for spiritual strength and spiritual coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment