Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Miraculous Medal of the Blessed Virgin Mary

I heard mass today and before I left the church I proceeded to the adoration chapel. I have completed my daily prayers this morning so I have nothing to recite or read for now. I have nothing in mind to share to Lord too. Not sure why this is so.

Then, I saw this pamphlet about the Miraculous Medal of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Another thing I am surprised is the fact that, for the past weeks and days, my mind and eyes have been opened wider to the Our Lord's Mother. I keep seeing her photos, keep hearing things about her and a certain curiosity has aroused inside me.

My sister gave me a medal a month age and I kind of misplaced it. I racked my mind trying to remember where I could have left it but to no success. Then, last week, it just popped out from my things and I decided to wear it on my chest. I am asking for healing for the lumps detected in my left breast.

I am scheduled for surgery but I requested that it be re-scheduled after my visit to Lourdes and Fatima.

Mama Mary please pray for me.

“O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.”

The Miraculous Medal Prayer

O Virgin Mother of God,
Mary Immaculate,
we dedicate and consecrate ourselves to you
under the title of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal.

May this Medal be for each of us
a sure sign of your affection for us
and a constant reminder of our duties toward you.

Ever while wearing it,
may we be blessed by your loving protection
and preserved in the grace of your Son.

O most powerful Virgin,
Mother of our Savior,
keep us close to you
Every moment of our lives.

Obtain for us, your children,
the grace of a happy death;
so that, in union with you,
we may enjoy the bliss of heaven forever.

To know more:
Miraculous Medal of the Virgin Mary and St. Catherine Laboure

No comments:

Post a Comment